Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mind Is Brave

Despite having already done the "Design I Like" Blog, I discovered a website this weekend that also has a design I like. I have to tell you how I found it because it was random chance and very scary.

I went to Ft. Lauderdale for Spring Break which was amazing and on the last night I went to a Jazz Club in Miami and saw an incredible Cuban band. As I was leaving the club, I saw a poster on a telephone pole and all it said was, "Mind is Brave." Underneath where usually you would see phone number tabs to take home, there were tabs of this website: http://mind.isbrave.com/
Anyway, I put it in my pocket and completely forgot about it.

I sat down on Sunday to do the assignment, took many breaks, and was unsatisfied with the blog I had done. At some point I pulled the tab out of my pocket and meandered to the website. I discovered that it is part of a Diesel campaign and one of a series of three short films. Personally, I like the Mind video best but all of the videos have different camera angles, colored lighting, and thematic elements that represent their titles. There is a very psychoanalytic perspective in the ideas presented. The Mind is completely captivating and the journey along a thin line between sanity and insanity is explored. Bravery as a quality surpasses these human weaknesses. I still don't quite understand the correlation between these clearly meditated, artistic, provocative films and Diesel marketing their clothing, but props to Diesel for opening this up to the public. If you have any curiosity, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment